Correctly learning the basics of technique and form make the difference in being able to just kick or punt a ball and in being a SUCCESSFUL KICKER AND PUNTER for your team.
As an NFL pro, I had the good fortune of working with many great coaches:
- Amos Jones, Special Teams coach of the Arizona Cardinals
- Alan Lowry, Special Teams coach of the Tennessee Titans
- UNA Head Coach Mark Hudspeth (former Head Coach at Louisiana-Lafayette and at Austin Peay)
- UNA Head Coach Terry Bowden (now Head Coach at the University of Louisiana-Monroe, and former Head Coach at Auburn University and at the University of Akron)
- Jerry Hill, former NFL player-Washington Redskins (my high school head coach)
For a specialist, however, the most important coach is your kicking coach.
I was doubly fortunate to be taught how to kick by one of the best, Coach Mike King, special teams coach for 3-time DII National Champions University of North Alabama and owner of Shoals Kicking Development. It was through his individual lessons and instruction that I learned in high school how to transfer my soccer kicking ability to a football.
As a specialist, you can never stop perfecting your skills. I have had help and advice from those with experience in the NFL:
- Bill Renner (former Green Bay punter and 2-year NFL veteran)
- Craig Hentrich (former Titans punter and 17-year NFL veteran)
- Louie Aguiar (New York Jets Ass’t Special Team Coach and former punter for the Bills, Jets, Chiefs and Bears and 10-year NFL veteran)
- Coach Gary Zauner (13-year NFL Special Teams Coach)
I enjoy sharing this knowledge with both aspiring kickers and those who are looking to take their abilities up to the next level. Through private individual lessons, I give instruction in proper technique and form for punters, place-kickers and long-snappers. I have also worked with several high school football teams, such as Brentwood High School (Tennessee), Florence High School (Alabama), Walker High School (Alabama), and my alma mater, Brooks High School.